Adding a new catch or multiple on Fishbrain is quick and easy. Inside the app, simply tap on the + button on the bottom of your feed and select "Log catch", or go to your Logbook and click on "Add new catch". For an even quicker log, you can just long tap on the Fishbrain app icon directly on your home screen.
Keep in mind that catches can only be logged on the Fishbrain app. Our website does not include this feature yet.
Having clicked on "Log a catch", just make sure to fill in the details of your catch:
- Select one picture of your catch and tap "Add 1 catch". If you add more pictures all at once, you will be logging multiple catches at once. Don't worry, more pictures to your catch can be added later! Read more about batch logging here.
- Adjust location of your catch directly on the map
- Set your location privacy by choosing from three levels available:
- Share Exact Spot: Show Fishing Water (e.g., lake name) and Show Exact Location
- Share Water: Show Fishing Water (e.g., lake name) but Hide Exact Location
- Secret Spot: Hide Fishing Water and Hide Exact Location to everyone
- Click on "Done" on the upper side of the map
- Add a caption and/more photos to your catch
- Select the right species. If Fishbrain suggests an incorrect species, simply tap "Browse species" and find the correct one from our broad list.
- Fill the weight and length in
- Select if it your catch was released
- Check time and date of your catch (and adjust if needed)
- Add the bait & gear used
- Select your fishing method
- Double check your catch location and privacy setting
- Add a Private note (exclusive Pro feature). Read more about it here.
Something is wrong or missing? Don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com, we are here to help!